Jaylen Brown, who had two breakout scoring games in the firs

Що е то и с какво се яде...

Jaylen Brown, who had two breakout scoring games in the firs

Мнениеот elaine95 » Чет Окт 11, 2018 4:44 am

LATROBE Lions Cheap Jerseys , Pa. (AP) Artie Burns and Joe Haden don’t believe the Pittsburgh Steelers have a clear-cut No. 1 cornerback.

The two feel they share that role.

Haden has been a top cornerback in the league throughout his career and Burns, a 2016 first-round pick, feels like he’s starting to come into his own as he enters his third season. The two hope a full offseason and training camp together can help a young group of Steelers defensive backs regain some swagger.

”Right now, I’m just trying to show him the way I go about my business,” Haden said. ”Training camp is one of the biggest spots where we can see growth and we can see what the offseason did.”

Haden spent his first seven pro seasons in Cleveland. He feels an entire spring of organized team activities and minicamp with Burns and the Steelers will only prove beneficial as the team works through training camp and the preseason.

”I’m trying to understand the whole defense, not just the corners and safety, but also the linebackers and defensive linemen,” Haden said. ”I’m just trying to get the whole system from the ground up and get an overall grasp of the defense.”

Cleveland released Haden on the eve of the 2017 regular season and the Steelers immediately acted. They quickly signed the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback with the hope he could give a young secondary an instant jolt.

”Having a veteran guy in your room that got to the level everybody wants to get to,” Burns said, ”you kind of sit back and think that you can learn from him to get to that point.”

The Steelers did just that last season.

Pittsburgh ranked 16th against the pass in 2016, but Haden provided a necessary boost as the Steelers ended fifth in passing yards allowed. A 45-point outburst by Jacksonville in the AFC divisional playoff marred an otherwise strong season.

”I think the communication was the biggest thing for us, just no blown coverages Tanner Pearson Jersey ,” Haden said. ”In the Jacksonville game, there were a couple times where people were just running free. We have the ability, we have the players, we just have to be on the same page and make sure everybody’s covering their man.”

That has been the focus for Burns. He has carried a noticeably different, more confident swagger during training camp practices. He’s still locked into regular one-on-one practice battles with four-time All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown, a daily matchup Burns welcomes.

”Ever since I got here it’s been a battle with (Brown),” Burns said. ”It’s just something I expect from myself. I don’t even request it. I just step up, we go at it and go to work.”

It has already paid off for the third-year cornerback.

Burns jumped Brown’s slant route during the team’s first padded practice and picked off Landry Jones’s pass in the end zone. He also jumped a Ben Roethlisberger pass and came up with an interception that would’ve been returned for a touchdown.

Burns said that sort of intuition comes with experience.

”You can feel the speed of the receiver,” Burns said. ”A play can only go for so long, so once you figure out the timing of it, that’s when you have a chance to make a play on the ball.”

Burns seeks similar game-changing plays alongside Haden in the secondary this season.

”(Haden) is helping us in certain situations that he has already been put in before,” Burns said. ”That’s what Joe is doing for us.”

NOTES: Coach Mike Tomlin said Brown was sent to Pittsburgh to be evaluated for a ”minor Authentic Breeland Speaks Jersey , day-to-day” injury. Brown missed the previous two practices with his undisclosed injury. Tomlin wouldn’t say what sort of injury. … S Morgan Burnett (hamstring), Sean Davis (groin), T.J. Watt (hamstring), Vance McDonald (foot) and Alejandro Villanueva (undisclosed) also missed practice on Thursday.

BOSTON — The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics turn back the clock when they face each other in the Eastern Conference semifinals that begin in Boston Monday night.

Bill Russell. Wilt Chamberlain. Larry Bird. Julius Erving. Kevin McHale. Hal Greer. Bob Cousy. Billy Cunningham.

This is the NBA’s top rivalry in terms of series played. The teams meet for the 20th time in what has always been the Celtics but also been the Syracuse Nationals/Philadelphia Warriors/Sixers.

“They’re playing great. Got a great team, great coach,” Celtics coach Brad Stevens said after his team eliminated the Milwaukee Bucks Saturday night. I think everybody talks about (Joel) Embiid and (Ben) Simmons and rightfully so, but I think it’s … the skill that they’ve added to their team and their other young guys getting better; and, obviously (JJ) Redick’s presence have just opened everything up.

“And they’re a bear to play against; you can tell from the last series. I think (coach) Brett (Brown)’s terrific. On down the line. They’re terrific.”

The Sixers, who have waited through years of tanking to get back to respectability, took care of the Miami Heat in five games of the first round and get the latest shot at their long-time rivals.

Their fans chanted “We want Boston,” during their Game 5 and they have them.

Asked Sunday for keys to defeating the Celtics, Sixers coach Brett Brown said Steelers Elite Jerseys , “Just how you’re gonna score. … They’re an excellent defensive team. We respect them with what they do defensively and I think they’re clever offensively.

“They’ve got the ability to bother you because the team really can shoot 3s.”

The teams, which first met in the playoffs when the Sixers were the Syracuse Nationals (think Larry Costello), haven’t met in the postseason since 2012 and have played twice since 1985. They have tangled just twice in 1985 and the Celtics have won the last three series. Philly’s last win came in 1982.

The Celtics needed seven games to dispose of Doug Collins’ Sixers in 2012.

If you want to consider thorns in each other’s sides, for Philly it was Boston’s Sam Jones while Bird always considered Andrew Toney poison for the Celtics.

The Celtics, the No. 2 seed in the East, went 3-1 against the Sixers during the regular season, including Boston erasing a 22-point deficit to win the game in London. Philly’s 89-80 victory in the Jan. 18 series finale featured Embiid going off for 26 points, 18 rebounds and six assists.

Markelle Fultz, who was “traded” from the Celtics to the Sixers, who accepted Boston’s first pick in the draft, did not play against the Celtics in the four games but has since returned.

Jaylen Brown, who had two breakout scoring games in the first round Authentic Blake McLaughlin Jersey , tweaked a hamstring in the first half of Saturday’s game. He was pronounced fit to go but Stevens held him out as a precaution. After the game, Brown said, “I’m ready,” adding, when asked if he’ll go in the opener, “That’s my goal.” He was slated for an MRI Sunday and Stevens called him doubtful.

Boston’s Marcus Morris, a Philadelphia native, openly rooted for the Sixers in their first-round series and said Sunday, “If we weren’t playing them I’d be rooting for Philly. But I hope we sweep them.”

The Sixers are the third seed in the conference and are coming off their first series win since 2012.

Authentic Detroit Lions Jerseys
elaine95
Горд Потребител

Назад към Софтуер